The Manchester d Football + BTEC (16+) program is a 22-week course designed for males only aged 16 years old and above who want to focus on football (soccer) development with academics. The program provides exposure opportunities and soccer education which allows participants to measure their level of play and understand what it takes to become a professional player in the UK.
During the 22 weeks, participants will train daily under the guidance of Manchester UEFA qualified staff and participate in regular competitive matches. Host family or independent student residence accommodation is part of our complete package of service that ensures the welfare, safety, and security of each participant.
Manchester Football & BTEC Features
- Daily football training with UEFA qualified coaches (Monday – Friday) minimum 2 hours per session
- Regular competitive friendly games against a variety of levels of opponent from local colleges to professional academies (1 game per week minimum)
- Guest coaching sessions with professional football clubs/coaches in the northwest giving you an opportunity to showcase your talent (minimum 2 per 22 week program)
- Entry into the Manchester trial showcase events (Minimum 3 per 22 week course)
- Guest speakers from the world of football & Sport (minimum 3 per 22 week course)
- Regular talent exposure through our link with the Professional Football Association (dependent upon availability)
- Team excursions – trip to watch professional matches (Man Utd, Man City, etc.) and/or U19/21 professional club matches, squad dinners at local restaurants, 10 pin bowling etc. (minimum 4 per 22 week program)
- Weekly team meeting with match analysis or training analysis
- Six weekly Reports & Feedback
- Online player profile/CV
- Visa support letters subject to requirements and acceptance
- Airport Transfers on Arrival & Departure at the start and end of the course
- Private return bus transportation between Manchester school and training facility
- Academic program � BTEC Diploma in Sport, English language classes or online USA grade 10, 11 or 1
- Student insurance for the duration of your stay
- Host family Accommodation – Mandatory for 16 & 17 year olds optional for those aged 18 and above
- Independent student residence accommodation – Optional for those aged 18 and above
- Breakfast & Evening meal � HOST FAMILY OPTION ONLY
- Daily education classes (BTEC Diploma in Sport, English language classes or online USA Grade 10, 11 or 12)
- Full training & Leisure kit package for your program, including training tops, shorts and socks, training and leisure tracksuits, hoodies and polo shirts and winter jackets and wet tops
- Access to a fully equipped Gym 7 days a week
- Welfare support and guidance
- 24 hour on call helpline
Other features of the Academy Program
Tactical Football Coaching
Team play and tactics are an important part of the game. Being part of the Manchester Academy means being part of the Manchester team and competing weekly in competitive fixtures. Our coaches will work on tactical elements of the English game. The players will begin to develop their tactical awareness; including shape, movement, set plays, defending and attacking as a team. These elements of training will be worked on both on the pitch, where players will receive lectures on the English game, what to expect, the laws of the game and both basic and complex tactics. This is a great opportunity for players to reflect on and discuss their performance and identify exactly where they need to improve.
Technical Football Coaching
Simple repetitive drills will be introduced to ensure that players can master the basic skills of the game. These sessions will continue over the season to ensure steady improvement. Many players continue with training drills in order to maintain their level of skill. Players are also encouraged to understand the importance of warming up and cooling down and are expected to quickly take personal responsibility for their warm up.
Football Stamina, Endurance & Fitness Coaching
Manchester coaches will conduct fitness sessions. These sessions will include speed, agility and quickness sessions, core stability, endurance and football fitness. The English game is a physically demanding game, not only with endurance and overall fitness, but players can experience tough physical challenges on and off the ball.
Each player will meet with a senior staff member twice per term. This will provide the perfect opportunity to obtain specific and individual feedback to ensure the welfare, safety and satisfaction off all Manchester students. This procedure will ensure a happy stay and continued improvement in all aspects of the course. These meetings will also provide our course leaders the opportunity to set the students personal targets and provide feedback to parents.
This offers a range of levels and challenges, along with opportunities for the players. The games are normally against other teams. However, we also often play some of the local academy teams and semi pro clubs. These games give the players the opportunity to put into practice what they have been working on in training. Furthermore, the games give the players the opportunity to showcase their talent in front of professional club scouts and coaches. These games are filmed and retained for the season. All the players are encouraged to take copies of these games for their own use and analysis. Many clubs will ask to see video footage of a player and so this footage proves to be a great tool for players trying to obtain trials.
We submit player’s football resume (information) with notes on their progress throughout their time with us and previous achievements. This information is provided to all scouts in attendance. Attending the one-day trial event gives our participants an opportunity to show their talent and ability in front of professional football club scouts, managers and officials. In recent history we have had players selected at the events for further club trials with Crewe Alexandra FC, Bury FC, Accrington Stanley FC, Everton FC and Witton Albion.
UK Professional Clubs expected to attend our upcoming Manchester Pro Trial Showcase Event:
- Man City – Man United
- Blackburn Rovers – Blackpool
- Sheffield Wed – Crewe
- The nomads – Shrewsbury
- Stoke – Chadderton
- Oldham – Radcliffe
Some Success Stories of Our Past Players
We’re proud of the professional soccer players we’ve produced. Each one demanded something different so we found the answer.
Professional with Norwegian 2nd division club Strommen FC.ustry
2013 German Alumni Eric Behrens has signed a contract with English Championship club Derby County Youth Academy
January-June or July-December | September-December
$22,190.00 USD | $17,190.00 USD
Fill the application form, and contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +234 803 4383 061