With Wales youth international Ethan Ampadu in line to make his competitive debut for Chelsea on Wednesday night aged 17 years and six days, allnigeriasoccer.comhas compiled a list of the top five youngest Nigerian players in the history of the club.
The youngest ever Nigerian player to represent Chelsea is Dominic Solanke, who made his first team debut against NK Maribor on October 21, 2014 aged 17 years, 1 month and 7 days old.
On his debut, Solanke, now with Liverpool, replaced Oscar in the 73rd minute of a 6-0 win over NK Maribor in the Champions League.
The second youngest Nigerian player to have played for Chelsea is England U20 World Cup-winning defender Fikayo Tomori, who debuted on the final day of the 2015-2016 season against Leicester City aged 18 years, 4 months and 26 days.
Third on the list is England U21 star Tammy Abraham. He debuted for Chelsea against Liverpool aged 18 years and 221 days.
Atlanta 1996 gold medalist Celestine Babayaro and John Obi Mikel made their debuts for Chelsea at the age of 19 years, 1 month and 3 days and 19 years, 3 months and 22 days respectively.
Youngest Nigerian Players To Represent Chelsea
1) 17 years, 1 month and 7 days : Dominic Solanke (Chelsea 6 NK Maribor 0, 21-10-2014)
2) 18 years, 4 months and 26 days : Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1, 15-05-2016)
3) 18 years, 7 months and 9 days : Tammy Abraham (Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1, 11-05-2016)
4) 19 years, 1 month and 3 days : Celestine Babayaro (Slovan Bratislava 0 Chelsea 2, 02-10-1997)
5) 19 years, 3 months and 22 days : Obi Mikel (Chelsea 1 Liverpool 2, 13-08-2006)