On Sunday night Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger reiterated his future plans for Alexis Sanchez and spoke about PSG’s interest in Neymar.
The Brazilian Barcelona forward has remained quiet whilst being heavily linked with a £200m move to Paris in recent days.
However, likely future club president Gerard Pique tweeted a photo of the pair of them last night alongside the caption “He’s staying”.
PSG had been previously chasing 28-year-old Sanchez after the Chilean had confirmed his desire to play in the Champions League.
The Gunners are set to play in the Europa League this season after missing out on the top four for the first time in the 21st century.
Sanchez has one year left on his deal at the Emirates but has been told by his boss that he will definitely not be sold this summer.
The former Barcelona star has been heavily linked with Manchester City and PSG but the Gunners have deemed him ‘priceless’ in their bid to return to Champions League football.
Wenger believes PSG stepped up their interest in Neymar after missing out on their first choice mega-signing.
“I read L’Equipe in the last three or four days,” said Wenger. “It has moved from Sanchez to Neymar. Today they speak about Neymar, three days ago they speak about Alexis.”
Wenger was asked if PSG have the resources to sign both Sanchez and Neymar, cheekily suggesting that Neymar was the Parisiens back-up option.
“No. They cannot get Sanchez so they go for Neymar.”
Arsenal are expected back in London on Monday following the culmination of their pre-season tour of Australia and China.
The Gunners are due to face Sevilla and Benfica in the Emirates Cup before facing Chelsea in the Community Shield on August 6th.
Having taken part in the Confederations Cup earlier this summer, Sanchez is expected to finally link up with his Arsenal teammates this week.
The Chilean superstar scored 24 Premier League goals last season – his best ever return to date.