Bayern Munich CEO Karl Heinz-Rummenigge has confirmed the club are willing to sell Renato Sanches this summer, but only if they receive an offer of £43million for the midfielder.
After struggling to establish himself in Bayern’s first team last season, Sanches has fallen further down the pecking order following the arrival of midfielders Corentin Tolisso, James Rodriguez and Sebastian Rudy.
Rummenigge says he can’t envisage Sanches playing consistently next year and is willing to let him leave if a club meets Bayern’s £43million asking price – though he doubts AC Milan are prepared to do so.
‘He won’t get enough minutes at Bayern, so we’re willing to negotiate a loan deal and maybe beyond that,’ Rummenigge told Tuttomercatoweb via FourFourTwo.
‘I’m not the coach, but I think Renato needs regular football. I can confirm Milan’s interest, but talks didn’t progress last week.
‘If a club are interested in a Bayern player, they must be ready to deal with significant economic figures and I don’t feel that Milan are ready to meet our demands. We’ll say that it wouldn’t be bad if a £43million offer came in for him…’
Milan have had a busy summer transfer window so far, signing 10 players including Andre Silva for £35million from Porto and Leonardo Bonucci for the same price from Juventus.
Carlo Ancelotti was previously adamant Bayern would not sell Sanches this summer, saying he was ‘100 per cent certain’ he would stay at the Allianz.
Sanches played the second half for Bayern on Wednesday as they drew 1-1 with Arsenal in pre-season tournament the International Champions Cup in Shanghai.
The 19-year-old missed a penalty during a shootout which decided the contest, thumping an effort off the crossbar as Bayern lost on spot kicks.
Sanches joined Munich from Benfica last summer for £30million after impressing for Portugal during their victorious Euro 2016 campaign.
Bayern won their fifth consecutive Bundesliga title last season but were beaten in the Champions League quarter-finals by eventual winners Real Madrid.