1) Juan Mata, The Nicest Man In Football™, loves a corporate video. In this one he shows off his Mancunian accent. It does not sound like he has consulted Nicky Butt on this one. It is a great reminder of other footballers who do not need to put any effort into the local twang, such as Peter Lovenkrands, Jan Molby and Vincent Kompany. And speaking of people being nice, here are lots of Liverpool fans being nice to Steven Gerrard.
2) Nigeria are coming to Wembley on Saturday as both teams get ready for the World Cup, so it’s only right we remember when they made their mark on the global game. Alternatively, there is Yakubu Aiyegbeni’s almost impossible miss against South Korea from 2010.
3) Almost 20 years ago, Wales met South Africa at the Millennium Stadium, as it was back in the day (before the turn of the century). It was a right old ding-dong classic.
4) What do you reckon you’d do if a loose horse was charging towards you? Not what Hayley Moore did, we’d wager.
5) Scoring from the halfway is an impressive feat but from one’s own area is just silly.
6) MS Dhoni versus Dwayne Bravo in a sprint race, bats in hand.